Providing Comprehensive Midwifery and Monitrice care in the greater Los Angeles area, including Arcadia, Pasadena, Glendale, Eagle Rock, Silverlake, Burbank, Hollywood, Whittier, West Covina. As well as North Orange County, and adjacent areas of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
Reasons women choose home birth include:
- Desire for a natural birth and avoidance of unnecessary intervention (pitocin, unnecessary IV’s etc.)
- Licensed Midwives have much lower cesarean section rates than their physician counterparts.
- Privacy, comfort and control
- Greater family participation (elder children or other family members present)
- Gentle birth for baby
- The option of laboring and birthing in water
- Lower cost
- Less exposure to hospital bacteria and other germs
- Greater satisfaction with their care and birth experience
“Unfortunately, the role of obstetrics has never been to help women give birth. There is a big difference between the medical discipline we call “obstetrics’ and something completely different, the art of midwifery. If we want to find safe alternatives to obstetrics, we must rediscover midwifery. To rediscover midwifery is the same as giving back childbirth to women. And imagine the future if surgical teams were at the service of the midwives and the women instead of controlling them.” Michel Odent, MD